Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, equipping children to be confident and happy people.
We asked the governors, staff, children and parents of Clapham School about our aims and what we wanted to achieve collectively as a community for our children.
We developed a set of aims...
Every child at Clapham School will have...
- The highest standards of excellence in teaching
- A rich curriculum that challenges and enthuses
- A range of residential visits to contrasting localities
- Outdoor learning through Food for Life
- Collaborative and competitive sports participation
- The opportunity to participate in a live performance
Our attitudes and our British values of:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
will be reflected at all times, not only through the methods and approaches adopted in the classroom, but also through the range and quality of the extra-curricular activities available and through every contact with the children and their families.
In addition, we treasure the links with our community and church following the teachings and examples of Jesus.
The Governors therefore hope visitors to the school will notice these characteristics: -
- an orderly, calm, safe, welcoming and caring environment;
- a place where children and adults enjoy to work and a feeling of belonging;
- an honest environment where people’s personal opinions and beliefs are valued;
- a place where children and staff work together in groups and teams, giving and taking leadership;
- an environment where change is designed to enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the school and it is welcomed positively;
- a place where high standards are expected, and where achievements are praised.