Menu
Classpages Email us Home Page

History of the School

The memorial inscription above the old main entrance

The memorial inscription above the old main entrance 1

The church school has been here since 1864 when it was built as a memorial to J. W. Farrer, Reginald’s father, the Lord of the Manor and geologist. Many of the houses and some of the farms in the area are still owned by the Farrer family who are the main local landlords.

 

Above the original school doorway is the memorial inscription and the Farrer's coat of arms represented by the flying horseshoe - this can be seen today on our school uniform!

Top